I know I know. Everyone says they have the best pumpkin bread recipe. But seriously, this recipe really is the BEST. Don’t stray, you’ll always come back for it (right Denissa?!) :)
I actually posted this recipe 4 years ago (complete with crappy photos and all). But I have revamped it a little to give my new Fall oils a test to see what they can do. And guess what? They passed with flying colors. How could they not? They are essential oils for goodness sake!
You know 3 of those oils are freebies this month from Young Living when you spend a certain amount right? It’s true.
So I used the exact same recipe as before which I’ll post below, but used only oils and did not use any spices that it called for this time. We were all way too pleasantly surprised at the final product.
Just trust me. Make it. Even if you don’t have these essential oils, make the original recipe!
And here ya go!
- 3 C Sugar
- 1 C Vegetable Oil
- 4 Eggs
- 3⅓ C Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- ⅔ C Water
- 1 15oz Can of Pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- Optional Alternative with Essential Oils instead of the spices:
- 6 drops of Nutmeg Essential Oil
- 2 drops of Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
- 1-2 drops of Orange Essential Oil
- 1 drop of Clove Essential Oil (clove is optional)
- Beat sugar, oil, and eggs together.
- Beat in flour (1 cup at a time), baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Stir in water and pumpkin (don't use a mixer for this part, it will splatter and mixture will look a little watery when finished.
- *if you are using essential oils instead of spices, add your drops in after you stir the water and pumpkin together, then stir again to mix well
- Bake in 3 greased loaf pans, 350 degrees for 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let stand in pans for 10-15 minutes then remove and transfer to wire racks to cool.
- Let them cool completely before you wrap them up or store.
- They do freeze well.
It’s so so good y’all. Trust me. You’ll love it! And it’s definitely a good thing I’ve been working out regularly again because it’s just addicting. There’s your warning.
And you can always add more or less of the oils if you prefer. Just taste test the batter beforehand and add what you like. The batter is quite delicious too. :)
Don’t forget you can always learn more about essential oils on my page here, and also check out my latest special on that page as well. It’s a good one! :)
Have any of you tried this recipe before? I’d love to hear! And be sure and let me know if you do try it!